Customers always seek for fast solutions. A survey shows that 66% of people feel that the most important thing a brand can do for them is to value their time. Indeed, speed is the key factor of effective customer support. It is crucial to respond quickly to all customer inquiries, even when the only thing to say is you are looking into the issue and will get back soon. Timely responses make customers understand that you are always there to support them anytime with any problems.
In addition, studies suggest that customers will tend to have faith in the brand if their problems are resolved quickly and easily. In all support channels, customer service chat is the most dynamic option to deliver a quick response time to your customers.
1. What is live chat support?
Live chat support is an online customer support tool that allows customers to communicate with support agents in real-time. It is an open door for people who visit your site to engage with your company. Rather than speaking on the phone with a representative, Live Chat creates live interaction between a customer and a brand representative through a chat box within a browser. This tool is useful for customers to connect to your company with any purpose, whether they need product information, solution for a problem, navigating direction or available customer-related policy.
With live chat, you can answer questions on the spot, giving customers the instant response they are looking for. Live chat support gives your customers the response that is much faster than other standard support channels, such as Email, in which a response can show up after a day. Because of this reason, customer support chat has a satisfaction rate of 73%, whereas Email or social media only ensure as high as 61%. Not only your customer satisfaction increase, customer retention also improves. Over 63% of consumers shared that they may consider returning to a website which includes live chat.
Live chat support is the most suitable customer support channel for people who are multi-tasking, such as parents, college students, or secretaries. It takes the qualities that customers enjoy from Email support, like clear, fulfilling information and professional tones; it is also built upon the intention that customers will receive the answer at a quick pace.
2. Why is live chat support important? and should we outsource live chat support?
Customer support chat is so preferable and commonly-used now that it becomes one of the primary support methods of many companies. Here are the reasons why Live Chat is so valuable as a support channel.
- Time-saving for customers: Everyone is multitasking now. This is why customers tend to reach out via Live Chat because it means they can do other things while waiting for the relies. Indeed, over 51% of customers choose chat support for this reason. Even when customers have to wait for a while, they can still get on with doing something else. Live Chat connects customers instantly with an agent without any complicated number dialing before they get to talk to the agent. Live Chat also helps customers answer their purchase-related queries on the spot. It is very appreciated by consumers since 44% of them consider one of the best features of a website is the ability to talk to a representative when purchasing online.
- Cost-saving for business: Live Chat does not necessarily require a one-on-one interaction between a customer and an agent. Offering real-time customer support chat means that a representative will handle multiple conversations simultaneously. Therefore, there is no need to hire more agents. Since customers receive tailored advice according to their individual needs, you can reduce costs, such as product return expenses. Live Chat is also more efficient than call centers because it reduces the overall help desk center costs by shortening the waiting queue time.
- Get competitive advantage: It is always crucial to stand out among your competitors. Nowadays, no matter what industry your business is in, the list of rivals is increasing rapidly. Not only small to medium-sized businesses, big corporations have also recognized the importance of customer support chat and use it to get one step ahead of the competition.
- Increase sales: Online shopping is getting more and more common. Without any face-to-face interaction with the product or a sales assistant, people need customer support to assist them in different stages of buying something. As much as 83% of consumers need brand support when they make online transactions. Having a representative to talk to at any time adds confidence to customers. They even tend to spend more on the influence of the agent that can create a positive experience. Therefore, the key to success with customer support chat is having your support team properly trained. It means to provide them with thorough knowledge about your products, giving them the confidence to deliver the best suggestions to customers.
- Develop long-term relationships: For the sustainability of your company, it is necessary to retain a long-term relationship with your customers. Once they are satisfied, not only will they be less likely to switch, loyal customers tend to be less sensitive about price. In addition, customers are more willing to pay more if they receive impressive customer service. Live Chat is a great way to help you form a personal connection with your users. Via this channel, you get to listen and form a bond that can possibly lead to loyalty.
3. How live chat support outsourcing/agents can contribute to the customer success?
Live Chat agents are employees specialized in communicating with customers through live chat channel. Each support agent is an ambassador of the company as they work directly with customer inquiries. Therefore, effective customer support chat calls for the development of a dynamic support team, which should be based on these essential skills.
- Have a professional, positive attitude
- Use simple language with an appropriate tone of voice
- Respond fast, be aware of what has been said and what to say next
- Have an insightful understanding of the product/service
- Be emotionally intelligent with customer issues
- Solve problems in creative ways
- Manage individual workload
Live Chat has become a vital side channel to support your customers, provide product advice, ask for customer opinions, and increase revenue for the company. It is essential to have a competent customer support chat as a tool that ensures your customers have the best experience. Live chat support Outsourcing is an efficient solution to help you enhance your customer care procedure.
3. Pure Moderation – Live chat support outsourcing service
Pure Moderation is an outsourcing specialist that provides high-quality customer support 24/7/365. Our trained Live Chat support agents are capable of multiple languages, making it more efficient to handle an international user base. We provide support teams that can easily adjust, whether to integrate into an existing team or work independently, only to ensure that your customers are satisfied. Curious about our capacity? Contact us now to learn more.
Reach more at Our outsourcing Case Study
Do not be hesitate to Email us or Chat with us (24/7)